Friday, April 22, 2016

My Favorite Things & Xyron Blog Hop: "Thanks" Card


Hi there,

Today I am sharing a Thanks card that I created using My Favorite Things and Xyron products- Such a great combination. In the card below, I was able to create a fun card using MFT’s Wildflowers stencilCheerful Blessing stamp set,  Xyron's New Creative Station and DCWV's Paint and Create card. Take a peek at my easy and quick tutorial below:


Supplies

My Favorite Things:

·        Stencil (LJD-Wildflowers)

·        Stamp Set (Cheerful Blessing)


DCWV Watercolor Paper Card Set (Paint and Create)

Black Cardstock: 5 x 7 1/4

Black Ink

Ink Sprays (Orange, Lime Green)

Instructions


Step One: Lay stencil on Paint & Create card and spray inks on the card and stencil to transfer the stencil pattern.

Step Two: Lay watercolor paper on top of inked stencil to absorb the remaining loose ink. Let dry. Note: This extends the use of the ink that remains on the top of the stencil.
Step Three: Using black ink, stamp sentiment onto inked card.


Step Four: Run stamped card through the New Creative Station and adhere the back of the card to black cardstock layer.  Continue embellishing as desired. Note: This adds a matted layer to the card to enhance the overall design.


Thanks Card by Karen Jiles Supplies Stencil, Stamps: My Favorite Things; Paint & Create Card: DCWV; Ink: Ranger; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Cardstock

MFT and Xyron will be hopping all week. Please visit the Xyron Facebook page and MFT's blog for more inspiration. There will be giveaways on each day of the blog hop!! Good Luck!
 
Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

cindybearj said...

I love this card because of the use of sprays and stencils. I love the loose feeling of the card. Putting it on black card stock to match the sentiment was a good decision, it really pops!