Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Favorite Xyron Technique and Project: Altered Bottles

Hi there,

Today I'm sharing one of my All Time Favorite techniques using Xyron Adhesive. I absolutely love Xyron.  As a Mixed Media Artist, Stamper and Scrapbooker that has been professionally crafting for 15 years, reliable and effective adhesive is must have. Xyron has enabled me to effortlessly bind and adhere mini albums, altered items, canvases, mixed media pieces and jewelry for as long as I can remember. My favorite projects to use Xyron adhesive on are Altered Bottles. The application of the adhesive is extremely easy and enables me to finish my projects very quickly.

Altered Bottles are wonderful gift ideas and perfect for home décor. Take a peek at one of my tutorials below.

Supplies
Glass Bottle
Cheesecloth
Foam brush
Gesso
Ink sprays: Don’t East Golden Snow, Blue Hawaiian Blue, Grab a Guy Gold, A Bit of Bubbly, Cadbury Milk Chocolate
Big brush marker (Brown)
Fibers
Metal Charms
Metal Cap
Knob
Instructions


 Step 1: Paint bottle with gesso using foam brush.


Step 2: Run cheesecloth through the New Creative Station. Remove the clear film from the adhesive paper. Adhere cheesecloth to bottle by rolling the bottle and applying the cheesecloth while still attached to the adhesive paper. See photos above.
 Step 3: Apply gesso to the cheesecloth. Let dry.


Step 4: Spray inks on to bottle. I used colors: Don’t East Golden Snow, Blue Hawaiian Blue, Grab a Guy Gold, A Bit of Bubbly, Cadbury Milk Chocolate.


 Step 5: Apply inks to bottle top. Enhance bottle top with brown marker. Let dry.
Step 6: Add fibers to neck of bottle.
 Step 7: Combine bottle top, metal cap and knob. Fit bottle top on bottle.


Step 8: Add gesso and inks to the inside of the metal cap to enhance the bottle and charms. Continue embellishing as desired.

Altered Bottle by Karen Jiles Supplies Adhesive: Xyron; Bottle, Metal Cap: Prima; Knob: Advantus; Fibers: Basic Grey; Ink sprays: Lindy’s Stamp Gang; Marker: Faber Castell; Gesso: Liquitex; Other: Cheesecloth
The following Altered Bottles were made with the same technique.



Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

Bajalizzy said...

I've been collecting jars - now I have more ideas to decorate them! Love those embellishments and knobs.