Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May Arts Ribbon Design Team Call 2015

Hi there,

I'm super excited to share that I'm applying for the May Arts Ribbon Design Team. Most that know my work, know that I absolutely love ribbon. Ribbon is a "go to" embellie for me and helps me tie all of the moving parts of my projects together.

There are 2 rounds to the May Arts design team application process. The first round entails sharing pics of your work using ribbon. The following are my "first round" favorite project pics.

This tag album was created with some dyed seam binding. I used the ribbon throughout the album to add an aged element.
This is another tag album that I created. I used tags, chipboard, inks, and stencils. I decided to use satin ribbon to bind the album together.  The ribbon coordinated well with the rich color choices.
This is a Forever Friend card that I created using inks, stencils, an embossing folder, cardstock and silk ribbon. I love how the delicate ribbon accented this card.

This is a 2 panel Christmas Keepsake that I created to hold a pic from our 1st Christmas with our twins. I chose a really rich color of ribbon for this project. The bows that I made using velvet ribbon enhanced the overall design.
This is Father's Day Keepsake that I created using My Mind's Eye patterned paper and May Arts Ribbon. I love the richness of the paper and the ribbon. The ribbon is thick and perfect for layering and adding depth to my projects. The tutorial for this project can be found here.
 
This is a keepsake that I created using 3 Birds Designs, coasters, and May Arts Ribbon. I loved how the ribbon transformed this project. I used the ribbon in various ways to add texture and visual appeal. 

This a decorated mailer box that I created using the Gilded Stack by DCWV and May Arts Ribbon. My tutorial for this project can be found here.
 
I hope that you enjoyed viewing pics of the my favorite projects using ribbon. Wish me luck!! :)
Hugs,
Karen

No comments: