Monday, April 6, 2015

Faith Box with DCWV

Hi there,

Today, I'm sharing a little DCWV Mailer Box that I altered. I love the A6 size DCWV Mailer Boxes.  They are perfect for gift giving, just the right size, and super easy to customize to any theme.

 
I used a lot fun products with this box. The mailer box was kraft colored, so I covered it with a light gesso wash and applied some spun sugar colored distress ink.The goal was to coordinate with this beautiful pink flower that I chose.  I added a layer of black premium paper from the Premium Paper Collection to the box top. I also added a layer of pink cardstock from the Shimmer Stack.
 
I added some cheesecloth to the base of the flower to accent it. To enhance the flower, I added a Knottie Tie to the center.  It added more texture and more appeal. This particular Knottie Tie has a clip closure that enabled me to add it to the flower easily. I added some pink ribbon to the box to help tie colors together.  The last touch was to add the layered "faith" charm under the flower.

 
Faith Box by Karen Jiles Supplies Mailer Box, Premium Paper Stack, Shimmer Stack: DCWV; Knottie Tie: Blue Moon Beads; Gesso: Faber Castell; Paint: Ranger; Other: Ribbon, Cheesecloth, Charms, Flower

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

No comments: