Saturday, January 31, 2015

"Live" Mixed Media Canvas

Hi there,

Today I'm sharing this canvas that I created using TCW stencils, Petaloo flowers, Prima, The Paper Studio embellishments, and Xyron adhesive. The combination of the products really helped shape this project nicely.


Live Mixed Media Canvas by Karen Jiles Supplies Stencils: The Crafter’s Workshop; Flowers: Petaloo; Resin Frames: Prima; Resin Charms: The Paper Studio; Paint: Ranger, Apple Barrel; Gesso, Molding Paste: Faber Castell; Adhesive: Xyron

The following pics are close ups of the canvas:

I absolutely love adding texture to my projects.  Using stencils and molding paste adds so much and they really provide just the right level of depth. I chose a couple of stencil designs to work with to create a unique piece and provide the prefect backdrop to my photo and embellishments.
 
 

I typically use various embellishments on my projects, but there are some embellishments; like the resin that really enhance the overall design. They are easily customizable, very lightweight and using the Teresa Collins Mega Runner on this resin frame made adhering my photo quick and easy.
A great combination of flowers helps enhance my projects.  I use Petaloo flowers, because of the realistic element they contribute to my work. The leaves are made with wire down the center and that provides great flexibility when working with them. Love the end result!


Thanks so much for visiting today...:)
 
Hugs,
Karen

No comments: