Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Altered Frame for Father's Day

Father’s Day is right around the corner, so I wanted to share this Altered Frame that I made for my husband some time ago.  I had this lovely cute pic that I took of him and our girls last year while on Lake Norman and thought that it would be perfect for this project.

I enjoy altered projects, so when I ran across this clearanced frame to alter, I knew that it would be a gem.  I used gesso, distress stains, an embossing folder, vintage photo ink, Xyron adhesive and prima embellishments to transform the frame into the perfect gift. I love black and white pics and knew once my project was completed that a black and white photo was the perfect final addition. Loved the end result!

Supply List-Altered Frame by Karen Jiles Supplies Cardstock: Copic; Metal Embellishments: Advantus, Making Memories; Ink: Ranger; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Frame, Gesso

Thanks for visiting today…

Hugs,

Karen

2 comments:

Susan D said...

I love that photo! You take the best pictures. Great frame and I know your husband will love it!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much, Sue!! :)