Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Quick Quotes & Xyron Blog Hop- Travel Album

Hi there,

Xyron has teamed up with Quick Quotes for a fun and creative blog hop. The Xyron Design Team will be sharing creative projects all week, here.

Travel albums are always a neat way to capture and share the most memorable moments of your trip. I created this travel album using the "Baggage Claim" patterned papers by Quick Quotes. I also used my Xyron 9" Creative Station, Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive, and 1.5" Sticker Maker to adhere my Travel Album together.



I love how this album turned out. I was trying to achieve a waterfall effect with chunky possibilities. The album was constructed with chipboard and measures 6 x 10. It has paper bag inserts for pocket options, which also provides great chunk.

One of the best additions to the album was this redesigned pendent.  I removed the original image from the pendant and added a cut out of a stamp from the Quick Quotes patterned paper.  I ran the stamp through my Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker and adhered it to the base.

 
 


I then added a layer of Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive to the stamp inside of the base. This provided a more customized and coordinated embellishment for the album.  I also added some coordinated ribbon to the pendant and used the ribbon throughout the album. More pages of the album are below.






 I hope to fill this album with fun photos after my next vacation.



Travel Album by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned Paper, Stickers, Ink: Quick Quotes; Ribbon: Domain, Recollections; Photo Corners: EK Success; Adhesive: Xyron; Tools: Cinch, 1 1/2 Circle Punch; Other: Metal Charms, pendant, chipboard, paper bags

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

10 comments:

cghundley said...

This album is
amazing! Great
details in it.
Carla from Utah

Linsey said...

Karen, I'm drooling over this incredible album!! It's fabulous!!! Thank you for your inspiration! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Carla and Linsey!!!

sue k said...

BEAUTIFUL mini album, you are VERY talented. I love all of your colors, papers and elements.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Jackiekg said...

Love your mini album - you've put it together beautifully with great coloring and embellishing.

Susan D said...

Beautiful as always!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much, Ladies!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Your album is fantastic, I had to stop on over and get a peek at all the lovely details!!!

Really loving your charm stamp embellishment!

Cindyzs said...

i just love this! tfs :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Rhonda and Cindy!!