Monday, May 19, 2014

Paper House & Xyron Blog Hop


Hi there,

Xyron and Paper House has teamed up for a creative blog hop. We will be hopping all week long, so look forward to the creative shares on the Xyron blog, here



It’s no secret- I enjoy creating mini books and journals. I received some really nice beach theme papers and embellishments from Paper House.  I loved how rich in color the patterns were.  I also enjoyed the medium weight of the paper.  Since the products were beach themed, a journal/mini album with canvas paper filler immediately came to mind.  What I love most about this type of project, is that you can customize your album as you desire.  You can add mixed media pages, watercolor pages, canvas papers, or combo of them-It’s completely up to you. Creating a beach journal with mini book elements is a super fun way take creative fun to the beach.  My tutorial is shown below…



Supplies
Patterned Paper
(2) Corrugated Board (7 X 7)
Stickers
Vintage Photo Ink
Foam Tool
Xyron Adhesive: 9" Creative Station
Trimmer
Cinch and Coils
Twine
Charms



Step 1: Trim patterned paper down to size of the corrugated board and apply vintage photo ink to edges of patterned paper.




Step 2: Insert patterned paper into 9” Creative Station. Rub edges and then remove film.

Step 3: Adhere patterned paper to corrugated board.

Step 4: Punch holes in book components using binding tool and bind book.






Step 5: Apply vintage photo ink to themed stickers and add them to book. Tip:  Build layers until happy with design. Cut some stickers in  half to achieve the look that you desire.






Step 6: Add chalkboard stickers as tabs throughout the journal.


Step 7: Add burlap twine and metal charms. Continue embellishing.


Beach Comber Mini Album by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned Paper, Stickers: Paper House Productions, Charms: Momenta; Ink: Ranger; Adhesive: Xyron; Tools: The Cinch; Other: Corrugated Board, Twine

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

17 comments:

Bev said...

amazing mini album using the beach collection.. awesome

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Bev!!

said...

beautiful project, I really love this mini! I don't make minis, I'm only comfortable with layouts by now, but with your instruction maybe I could give minis a chance :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Jo!! Definitely try it. This mini is low pressure with great possibilities.

cghundley said...

Beautiful album
you've made. I
like the use of
the cardboard in
the cover.
Carla from Utah

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Carla!!

Kelly said...

Super cute mini album. Thank you for sharing.

Linsey said...

So beautiful Karen! I particularly love this inspiration because I just got these amazing stickers from PHP and making a gorgeous album like yours will be perfect for them! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation today for today's co-hop! Hugs and blessings for a wonderful week my friend! :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Kelly!!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Linsey!! You will love the stickers!! Enjoy!

Eileen Barton said...

Your album is gorgeous, Karen! I love the beach and your project makes me want to head to the beach right now! :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Ellen!! :)

Sondra Keesler said...

So lovely and fun! I am not a beach person, but this makes me want to go... just so I can create such a cute mini album!

Aunt Dee said...

Fabulous and fun album. Love the layers on the cover and great tutorial. What a fun way to immortalize a trip to the beach. Nice Work.

sue k said...

Beautiful album, thank you for the tutorial.
Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

heirloomscrapping said...

looks absolutely beautiful

Txcowgirl said...

Karen, This album is so awesome. One of my favorite ideas I've seen lately, and I see many, kind of a collector of ideas. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, you truly are talented. God bless.