Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's National Scrapbooking Day!!!

Hi there,

Well today is National Scrapbooking Day...How cool is that? I decided to pull out some of my most loved layouts to share. The photos in them really brought back fond moments. I love that scrapbooking gives me an opportunity to preserve such sweet memories in such a creative way....

In the following layout, I used several fun products. The corrugated board was distressed and it really added some great texture. When I created this layout the lucky 8 punches were just introduced to the scrapbooking world and I had to have them.  The use of them were a great addition to the layout .  That decorative scalloped edge was perfect.

Love by Karen Jiles Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill, Close to my Heart; Patterned Paper, 3D Stickers, Punch: We R Memory Keepers; Corrugated Board: Zutter; Twine: The Twinery; Ink: Ranger; Paint: Close to my Heart; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Ribbon
In the following layout, I used crocheted ribbon as a layer to add softness to the layout. I chose to add pinwheels to maintain a playful feel to the layout. I created a pocket along the base to add tags and to tuck the layered photo in. All layers were distressed with the use of Prima's distressing tool and Ranger's vintage photo ink. The layers were adhered using Xyron.

Adorable by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned Paper, Borders: K and Company; Punch: We R Memory Keepers; Ink: Ranger; Canvas Brads: Stampin Up; Metal Sticker: Making Memories; Die; Sizzix; Tool: Prima; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Stamp, Tags

So tell me, what are you doing for National Scrapbook Day?  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

No comments: