Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Teresa Collins/CardMaker/Xyron Blog Hop

Hi there,

It's Blog Hop time. Xyron is teaming up with Teresa Collins and CardMaker for a fun and creative blog hop. I am sharing a layout that I created using some wonderful Teresa Collins product.  The name of the collection is "You Are My Happy." I love this collection.  I decided to add a mixed media element to the design to compliment the patterned papers. I used my Creatopia Machine and 3/8 Adhesive Dots to create this layout. The collection is super fun to work with and perfect for girly layouts. I am including a tutorial below. Take a peek...:)




Supplies


Creatopia Xyron Machine

Xyron 3/8 Adhesive Dots

Patterned Paper
Canvas Paper
Stencil
Gesso
Gelatos (Peach, Metallic Melon, Light Pink)
Molding Paste
Craft Knife
Water Mister
Foam Brush
Pins
Flowers
Crocheted Ribbon
Trimmer
Photos




 

Step One: Apply Gesso to canvas paper using foam brush. Let dry.


Step Two: Lay Stencil over gesso’d canvas paper and apply molding paste to paper covering the entire canvas paper. Lift Stencil off and let dry. Note: Place stencil in water immediately after use and clean for future use. The molding paste dries quickly.


Step Three: Apply Gelatos to top of canvas paper and mist water. Continue applying gelatos and misting water until you have the desired color combo and look.

Step Four: Apply gelatos to edges of all layers of patterned paper and canvas paper. Rub the edges to blend.

Step Five: Run papers through Creatopia Machine to apply adhesive. The adhesive application will be edge to edge.

Step Six: Adhere canvas paper to patterned paper.

Step Seven: Adhere crocheted ribbon to the back of patterned paper strip and add to canvas layer.

Step Eight: Add matting to photo and adhere to layout.


Step Nine: Add pins to the layout using mounting tape as an anchor and adhere flowers using 3/8 Adhesive Dots.  Note: I lightly applied some gesso to the pearls and pins, let them dry and then applied gelatos to them.


Happy by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned Paper, Stencil: Teresa Collins; Flowers: Jolee's; Pins: Maya Road; Gelatos: Faber Castell; Gesso: Liquitex; Molding Paste: Golden; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Crocheted Ribbon

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

9 comments:

debbie said...

Really pretty :) thanks for sharing.

Linsey said...

Oh Karen, this page is just brimming with awesomeness!! I LOVE the hearts and I just ordered a similar heart stencil so I can try to recreate this gorgeous look (giving you full credit for my inspiration of course!) and OMOGOSH, I must tell you I've had a ton of pearlized heart pins forever and a day because I never know how to use em, until now! Yay! Thank you so much!!! This LO is gorgeous and the photo is beautiful too!! Hugs and have a happy day!

cghundley said...

So very pretty and
The instructions are
great, thanks for
sharing.
Carla from Utah

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comments, Ladies!!

Susan D said...

Beautiful page Karen! Great tutorial that I am going to have to try.

Jackiekg said...

Great tutorial Karen. Love your
laying and colouring.

Jackiekg said...

Meant to say layout.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Totally Adorable! TFS

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Ladies!!