Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Album using Xyron & Craft-Dee BowZ

Hi there,

I wanted to share this little Easter Album that I created using a ribbon spool. The photos are of our 2013 Egg Hunt. The girls always have so much fun hunting for eggs and I have way too much fun taking pics....When I found this ribbon spool at my local TJ Maxx, I knew that it was perfect for an altered project. It was full of ribbon and many possibilities.

I used Khoe Lane patterned paper by The Paper Studios as a base for my layered photos. The album measures 2 1/2 x 23 1/2 in.  I combined (2) 2 1/2 x 12 in. papers together using eyelets. The 1/2 in. accounts for the joining of the pages. All photo layers were adhered using Xyron High Tack Tape.  I also used my 1.5 in. Xyron Sticker Maker to adhere ribbon to the edges of the album.  I also used eyelets and brads throughout the album. My bows were created using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. All papers and flowers were enhanced and aged using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I also added some hidden journaling to the top of  the album using a spellbinders circle die. The closure was created with ribbon and a mini metal knob.  I loved how this turned out.  Non traditional albums are so much fun to create and for me always add that extra fun element to the process.

 
 

 
 
Easter Album by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio; Stamp: American Crafts; Flowers: Prima; Ink: Memento, Ranger; Die: Spellbinders; Adhesive: Xyron; Tools: Craft-Dee BowZ, Grand Calibur; Other: Ribbon, Brads, Eyelets, Charm
Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

4 comments:

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

This is just too cute! I NEED one of these. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Dana!! :)

Vicki robertson said...

This is fabulous Karen! What an adorable album.

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Vicki!!