Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Craft-Dee BowZ Blog Hop


Hi there,
I am Guest Designing over at Craft-Dee BowZ and I am participating in this month's Blog Hop. The theme for this month is “Sympathy.” Sympathy cards can be some of the most difficult cards to create, but they are always needed at some point in our lives. As you visit all of the participating team members' blogs, catalog the ideas for the next sympathy card you may need.  There is a prize opportunity on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog, so please visit to learn about how to be eligible to win. Good luck to you and please remember to stop by all of the participating design team members' blogs to leave a comment.

Blog Hop Participants:
Karen (You're here)

Craft-Dee BowZ

Rebecca

Dana

Vicki

I decided to create the Sympathy card below. I started with a basic design and then the card evolved. Sometimes even Sympathy cards need to be just as elegant as the memory of the person that passed, so I decided to turn the card up a notch with the use of my Spellbinders dies, My Mind's Eye patterned paper, and the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. All layers adhered with Xyron adhesive.

 

I didn't realize how simple bow making could  be until I started working with the Craft-Dee Bowz Tool.  I was able to add this really pretty double bow using the tool. It's definitely a staple on my craft desk.
 

Sympathy by Karen Jiles Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye; Button: Ranger; Photo Corners: EK Success; Ribbon, Bow Tool: Craft-Dee BowZ; Stamp: Woodsworth; Ink: Tsukineko; Die: Spellbinders; Adhesive: Xyron


Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

17 comments:

Beth@Under A Pile of Scrap! said...

Oh my! What a stunning card and that bow is so pretty & delicate looking! Perfect!

Barbara Bruder said...

Karen, I just love the shape of your card. It's great. Such a pretty bow on such a beautiful card.

Vicki robertson said...

Beautiful and elegant, Karen!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

A beautiful card shape and typeface of your sentiment! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Gram's Treasures said...

Wow! What a gorgeous combination, and that bow is like icing on the cake....yummy!
Joyce xx

vinita jain said...

Fabulous and classy card with a pretty bow.

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Stunning card Karen! I love the mix of patterns and shapes and your bow is gorgeous!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Just gorgeous Karen and LOVE the soft ribbon you've chosen for your design!! Great job!

Donna Maligno said...

Stunning card, Karen. Love the unusual shape. I also like the fact that you used white for the bow. I think most people are intimidated by that because of the subject matter. This totally works!

nancyparker55 said...

What a beautiful, elegant card. Love the Vintage feel it gives.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Stunning and elegant looking card. Beautiful bow too.

MG said...

Wow, you have such a creative mind. I am envious! Beautiful, vintage, awesome.

Jean Bullock said...

Well done.

Wynn Walton said...

A lovely shape and a fabulous bow.
A really stunning card. Hugs Wynn x

Golden Goddess Designs said...

wow! this would brighten my day if I received it! tfs

Golden Goddess Designs said...

new follower!

nattyboots said...

Such a lovely card ,love the design
and such a pretty bow