Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Mixed Media Journal

Hi there,

Today I am sharing a Spring Mixed Media Journal that I created using corrugated board and a card front that I previously created for a texture project. The journal measures 7 x 7 and each page inside is gesso'd corrugated board. All layers of the journal were adhered with Xyron adhesive. Creating this was very simple and fun. I enjoy projects that are no fuss, but still have the look of many elements and techniques.

This journal is  ready for some fun new spring mixed media pages. The possibilities are endless, but I think I will make various flowers as the focus for each page inside of the journal with some wonderful quotes and a few pics....We shall see...:)

The following pic is another view of the texture and thickness of the Journal. I love chunky albums and journals, so this is going to be amazing fun to work in.
 
 
Spring Journal by Karen Jiles Supplies Cardstock: Close to My Heart; Patterned Paper:  Stampin Up!; Hemp: Close to My Heart; Stamp: Heartfelt Creations; Ink: Tsukineko; Markers: Copic; Embossing Folder: Cricut; Gesso: Liquitex; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Corrugated Board, Embossing Powder, Stencil
Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

4 comments:

Linsey said...

Oh Karen, this is GORG!!! The shabbed up newspaper print along with the corrugated board coordinate beautifully together! What a fabulous journal--I totally love it! You are so inspiring! TFS and have a great Sunday!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Linsey!! Enjoy your Sunday!!

Susan D said...

Another beautiful journal...love the technique used.

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Susan!!