Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's "Not Xyron But Should Be" Project Week...


Hi there,

It's "Not Xyron But Should Be" Pinterest project week. The Design Team was challenged with choosing a piece of art from Pinterest to use as inspiration in creating our own art using Xyron. The inspiration for my canvas was this beautiful 7 Gypsies Canvas ...

I loved the variations of the hearts coupled with buttons. I just had to try to recreate my own variation of this canvas. I used several Xyron products: 1.5 Sticker Maker, 3" Sticker Maker, Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive, and 3/8 Adhesive Dots. I loved this project! My tutorial for it is below.



Supplies

Xyron 1.5 Sticker Maker

Xyron 3" Sticker Maker

Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive by Xyron

Xyron 3/8 Adhesive Dots

Canvas Panel

Stamps (Worded)

Black inkpad

Gelatos

Big brush marker

Foam Brush

Gesso

Black artist PITT pen

Water mister

Heart Punches (3 sizes)

Patterned Paper


Step One: Apply gesso to canvas panel as a base for the gelato application. Applying the gesso will enable the gelatos to flow and blend nicely.

 
Step Two: Begin applying gelatos to the top of the gesso’d canvas panel. I used colors: red, orange, gold and yellow.





Step Three
: Spray water using mister onto canvas panel and stand canvas up allowing full drippage of the gelatos and water.

Step Four: Use your finger to continue the blending of the gelatos as desired. Let dry.

Step Five: Punch hearts out of patterned paper.



Step Six: Edge each heart with a black big brush marker and rub to create a little shading around the heart.


 
 


Step Seven: Run the hearts through 1.5 “ and 3” Xyron Sticker Makers.




Step Eight: Adhere hearts to canvas.

 
 
 
Step Nine: Randomly layer scored medium hearts onto each other using Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive. This creates a 3-D effect.


Step Ten: Stamp hearts using worded stamps with black ink onto hearts.

Step Eleven: Add faux stitches randomly to hearts using black pitt artist pen.

Step Twelve: Run button through 3” Xyron Sticker maker and adhere to canvas. Use Adhesive Dots to add additional layers of buttons on top of another.

 Step Thirteen: Finish canvas as desired.

Cherish Canvas by Karen Jiles Supplies Canvas: Artist’s Loft; Stamps: Stampin Up; Buttons: Foofala; Ink: Tsukineko; Gelatos, Marker, Pen: Faber Castell; Gesso: Liquitex; Adhesive: Xyron

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs, Karen

11 comments:

Andiepants said...

I really love the way you outlined the hearts. It just makes them pop on ur canvas.

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much!!

McStamper said...

What a fantastic project. Love your blog.

Sammy Jo said...

Wonderful tutorial Karen. I can't wait to "CASE" a little of your project.

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so Much!!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Sam!! Have fun casing... :)

Linsey said...

Oh my gosh, Karen--this canvas is AHH-mazingness!!! I LOVE your tutorial especially because I just got my Gelatos 2 days ago and I've played with them only a couple of times with less than awesome results. I know it's me and so your tips are most noteworthy at this particular time for me lol! I do so love a CASEd project and this I will be re-casing from you! Thank you SO very much for your wonderful blog, your awesome talent and your willingness to share it with the world! Hugs and have a great weekend :)

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks,Lindsey!! I am happy that you found the tutorial helpful. Please feel free to case and have fun with your Gelatos.

Linsey said...

Aww sweet Karen! Thanks! :D

Vicki robertson said...

This is fabulous, Karen! Great tutorial too.

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks so much, Vicki!!