Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Days Mixed Media Canvas

Hi there,

We are having some unbelievable snowy weather, which gives me an opportunity to get some cool and fun photos...:) I decided to create this canvas with one of the photos that I took while the girls were enjoying the snow....The background techniques that I used are very similar to the techniques used in the mixed media gelatos tutorial shared on yesterday. All adhesives used were by Xyron. I added some pics of how I applied and used Xyron to adhere elements to the canvas as well as some close up shots of the canvas.
 

Snow Days by Karen Jiles Supplies Die cuts, Wood Shapes: PinkPaislee; Twine: Ranger; Ink: Dr. Ph. Martins; Gelatos, marker: Faber Castell; Gesso: Liquitex; Adhesive: Xyron
 

The above photo shows use of an Tape Runner by Xyron, which is one of the many products in the Teresa Collins Adhesive kit.

 

The above photos show die cuts and twine being used in the Xyron 1.5 Sticker Maker.  I love both products mainly because of the convenience and ease of the adhesive application.
 
The following are the close up shots of some of he elements of the canvas.
 



Thanks so much for visiting today...:)
Karen

2 comments:

Susan D said...

How cute! Love the photo of the girls. They aren't babies anymore! Great colors!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I love the ombre effect from the gelatos. Thanks for the inspiration! :)