Sunday, February 23, 2014

Love Layout Tutorial


It’s definitely the month for “Love.” I had to create a fun Love layout using pics of my little Loves. I used some great products to pull this layout together, but I have to tell you the most enjoyable aspects of the layout were the use of effortless adhesive products by Xyron. I used my Xyron Creatopia Machine to apply edge to edge adhesive to my 12 x12 patterned paper and my scalloped paper. I also used Xyron’s adhesive dots, the Teresa Collins Mega Runner and 1” Sticker Maker. The scalloped page was created using my We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 Floral Burst punch.
My tutorial for this layout is shown below.
 
Supplies
             Patterned paper
Journaling spot
Photos
Scissors
Punches
Xyron Adhesive
Drywall Tape
India ink (Brown)
Stamp
Vintage Photo distress ink
Big brush marker (Brown)
Foam tool
Flowers
Butterflies
Ribbon
Typo bulbs
 

 

 
 Step One: Age all paper layers, flowers and photos with Vintage Photo ink using foam tool.

 

Step Two: Randomly apply India ink to scalloped patterned paper. Let dry.



Step Three: Apply brown big brush marker to a small piece of drywall tape and stamp the ink onto the scalloped patterned paper transferring the pattern of the drywall tape. Randomly apply the pattern.

Step Four: Apply thin strips of patterned paper to scalloped paper using 1” Xyron Sticker Maker.


Step Five: Insert patterned papers into the Creatopia machine to give the papers an edge to edge application of adhesive.

 
 


Step Six: Remove film from adhesive sheet. Gently release patterned paper from adhesive backing and layer papers together.
 
 
 
 
Step Seven: Adhere photos to layout using Teresa Collins Mega Runner by Xyron.


Step Eight: Add Butterflies and Flowers using Adhesive Dots by Xyron.

 

Step Nine: Add ribbon. Continue embellishing as desired.

                                           

Love by Karen Jiles Supplies Patterned paper, Journaling Spot: We R Memory Keepers; Flowers, Butterflies, Typo Bulbs: Prima; Stamp: Close to My Heart; Ink: Ranger, Tsukineko, Dr. Martins; Punch: Fiskars, We R Memory Keepers; Marker: Faber Castell; Adhesive: Xyron; Other: Ribbon, Drywall tape

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

Susan D said...

Great tutorial! What a fun page!