Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Sun Shines On Coaster Album...

 
Hi there,
 
I wanted to share this fun little album I made using coasters. The tutorial was featured in Scrapbook News & Review.  The front and back covers are coasters also and were cut using the top note die.  Then I adhered the die cut coasters to another coaster that was covered with patterned paper. I wanted the covers to have this unique feel -visually and physically, and the combining of the coasters helped achieve that. I bound the album with my Cinch tool and I used my Fiskars tab punch as an accent throughout the album. Patterned papers were adhered using my Xyron machine. All metals were aged with gesso and distress stains. This was super fun and perfect in my stamp space. The cover is shown below along with a few of the pages.
 
 
 


The Sun Shines On by Karen Jiles Supplies Cardstock, Patterned paper: DCWV; Chipboard stickers: Recollections; Pins: Little Yellow Bicycle; Hemp: Advantus; Metal embellishments: Advantus, Momenta; Ink: Ranger; Punch: Fiskars; Marker: Faber Castell; Gesso; Liquitex; Other: Charms


Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Karen

1 comment:

Susan D said...

Karen, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.