Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mixed Media Journal Project

Hi there,

Today, I am sharing some journal pages that I created while playing a couple of weeks ago.  Sometimes you really have to play a little to clear your head for the next task...:)

I love mixed media projects because they give me an opportunity to create without limits. There is no right or wrong way to complete it- purely a personal reflection and expression. This journal is another creative window for me.

Dance Journal Pages 1 & 2 by Karen Jiles Supplies Journal: Donna Downey; Stamp: Penny Black; Ink, Sprays: Ranger; Markers, Gels: Faber Castell; Modeling paste: Golden; Gesso: Liquitex; Stencils: The Crafters Workshop; Other: text

The base journal book was one that I picked up from Donna Downey's studio last year some time.  I had it tucked away for a special occasion. I love the book because it has several tags in between the journal pages, which adds some variety to creative process.

I used  several layers of mod podge. I wanted the pages to be stiff and able to hold the layers of ink and modeling paste that I wanted to add.  I also used gesso, text papers, stencils, gelatos, dylusions ink sprays, big brush markers, photo vintage ink and stamps.

This was so much fun and well worth the creative love put into it.

Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

1 comment:

Susan D said...

I just love your work Karen! This is beautiful.