Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mixed Media Technique: Modeling Paste with Dylusions Ink


Over past couple of months, I have been playing with Dylusions inks…creating pieces and creating even more products to play with like “mop up “tags. So, when I started playing with the Modeling Paste, I instantly pulled a mop up tag from my stash. The results were fun. The tag on the left side of my technique shows the end result of my playing with Dylusions and Modeling paste.

Modeling paste goes on white and creamy. When dried on this inked tag it resulted in a transparent look in areas that came in contact with the ink. It made sense that there would be some reaction, since the inks are water based. I wasn’t quite sure what I would end up with, but this was a pleasant surprise.

On the right side of my technique book, I lightly stamped some watercolor paper and then with the use of a stencil applied some modeling paste. The depth of the dried paste result is perfect, just slightly raised and perfect for cards, pages, tag…The list can go on and on.

Hugs,
Karen
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: