Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mists Class @ The Art Studio

Hi there,
I am taking a great Mists class at The Art Studio called, “Think Outside the Bottle.”

The class is online, self paced and led by Heidi Myers. I enjoy using all types of inks, and this class really helps you introduce and reintroduce some ink sprays that you have not used in awhile or not often enough. It’s no secret- I love amazing backgrounds. Heidi’s approach to achieving them in a variety of ways is a really great way to make use of your mists. The following is the first assignment.

Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: K and Company; Ink: Versafine, Ranger; Pen: Ranger; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Mists; Ranger; Stencils: The Crafters Workshop

My colors were fun, so I wanted to use some fun stamps. I chose stamps and stencils by Dyan Reaveley. I have been floating between Wendy Vecchi and Dyan Reaveley lately. Both have super creative stamps on the market. In the end, this particular piece will end up as a journal cover---I am pretty sure of that..:)

I love hearing from you , so let me know if you have played with these stamps and what you think of them.

Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

I have not played with those stamps. Is the digi yours? I just love what you created using the techniques.

And you are correct I don't use my acrylic paints and glimmer mist enough so thanks for sharing!

Karen D. Jiles said...

Thank you!! The stamps are all apart of the Dylusions line by Ranger. The vibrant inks are by Ranger also.

CraftySue52 said...

Love what you did...true art! I'm with Princess, I need to use my paints and mists more...I love art so you think I would!! Thanks for sharing Karen, great work as always.