Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scraps of Color Creative Team Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Scraps of Color Creative Team Blog Hop! Join us for a weekend of fun, creativity and prizes! All weekend long you’ll have the chance to create fun projects, be inspired and win! Get your crafty mojo flowing...just follow the 1st SOC Creative Team Blog Hop!

March%202011%20Blog%20Hop[1]

If you are here and following the blog hop then you are in the right place. However if you have just happened upon my blog and would like to join in the hop please start at the beginning of the hop here and work your way through each blog. Please leave blog love (comments) along the way and become a follower of the blogs you like so that you can be notified of their new creations and updates!

My project for the hop is a card that I made using a beautiful set called, “Be Yourself” from Close To My Heart. I also used this set on page 54 on my “One of a Kind” card in our 1st Premiere SOC Issue. I love this versatile set.

Be Yourself II

Be Yourself card by Karen Jiles. Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics and Close to My Heart; Stamps, Ink and Pearls: Close To My Heart; Ink: Dies: Spellbinders; Embossing Folder: Provocrafts.

Tip: Don't be afraid to dress up your metal embellies. I decided to add a black nestie diecut layer to the inside of my metal frame to add a little depth to the framed stamped image and to add more detail to the frame element.

As a prize for stopping by this weekend, I am offering a “Be Yourself” stamp set to 1 lucky person as a prize for following me if you have a blog or subscribing to my blog, and leaving a comment between the dates of March 18th - March 20th. Be Yourself Stamp Set

This drawing is open to old and new subscribers/followers. The lucky winner will be chosen from the comments left here on my blog using random org on the 21st and announced shortly thereafter.

To Follow me, click on the "Follow" button at the very top of the page to the left. You may have to be logged into Blogger to successfully Follow.

To Subcscribe, add your e-mail to the "Follow by Email" button to the right side bar of my blog.

Remember that some of the SOC Creative Team Members are offering blog candy and you never know where you'll find it. So be sure to visit each participating blog. I’ve made it easy for you to follow, just click the links below.

Thank you for joining us for the 1st SOC Creative Team Blog Hop!

Scraps of Color - http://www.scrapsofcolor.com

Karen Jiles (Me) You are Here :) - http://stampinakapalace.blogspot.com//

Rani Shah - http://www.scrapyoga.typepad.com//

Tiare Smith - http://classycoordinates.typepad.com//

Qadirah Gomez - http://crafty-whimsyone.blogspot.com/

Kenyatta Thomas - http://kenyattasbrownsugarbabiestalk.blogspot.com/

Lorie Moses - http://www.lorie-thepeddler.blogspot.com//

Samara Joseph - http://honeys-child.blogspot.com//

Camille - http://camikanscrap.blogspot.com//

Aysha Livingston - http://ayday.wordpress.com//

Scraps of Color - http://scrapsofcolor.com/

28 comments:

Sharon Sutton said...

The peach and black is a great compliment to each other.

Classygirl said...

The card is beautiful! And the stamp set is AWESOME!

Rochelle said...

Wow! I love the framed focal point! Very cute and feminine!

Kristin said...

I like the color combination. Chocolate seems to go well with so many things!!! I love this stamp set too, I am glad you featured it.

Trina said...

Your card is beautiful! I love how those colors look together! I'm signing up to follow!

Trina said...

Ok, my plan is to follow your blog, but I've scrolled up and down about seventeen times looking for it. I'm feeling a little crazy right now b/c I have that problem where you don't see things right in front of you. My mom always says, "Good thing it wasn't a snake!" :D

Treva said...

Beautiful card and I love that stamp set!

Janet said...

Lovely card. Love your color combination. TFS.

Janet

faithnme said...

Hi Karen.. First Gorgeous Card.. I love the colors.. I too was looking for your follower "link".. but DID subscribe for "email's

Hugs

candice said...

Wow! This is a great card. So detailed.Love the colors.

Craft Creations by Netta said...

Beautiful card..love the colors

Netta (Craftcreationsbynetta.blogspot.com)

Cricutgirlg said...

This card is beautiful. I love the stamp and the black offsets the metal nicely. I've never thought to combine the metal with another frame before. What a great idea!

Deejai said...

Love the card and the stamp set looks awesome! Thanks for the chance to win!

Pastor Joyce said...

Elegant card! I like the vintage feel.

Tricia said...

I love the colors of this card. TFS

Lisha said...

I love the colors on your card

mekofosho said...

wow.. great colors... love how you added to the medal embelishment..miko

VeronicaA said...

I love your card. The color combination is gorgeous and dressing the embellie was a neat idea. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win such a fabulous s

Marionment said...

I love the color combo you used on your card. Beautiful card!! Thanks for a chance to win.
marionment@msn.com

MsVintage59 said...

Your layout is outstanding and the color set is quite pleasing. Thanks for sharing.

Natalie said...

This is a great card and I lovvvvve the stamp

Ericka said...

I love this card! So elegant!!!!

L Rob Wryt said...

I love the color combination and how you layered the metal accent!

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Love your blog. Can't wait to see what you create next.

Delightful Scrapper said...

I am loving the card. I need the inspiration to finish the book that I am currently working on.

Gemiel said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for the tip about dressing upi metal embellies.

scraphappy55 said...

Great colors, love it

Karen D. Jiles said...

Thanks Ladies for participating in the SOC 1st Blog Hop and for leaving such sweet words on my blog!!!!:)