Sunday, October 3, 2010

“INSPIRE” TAG (Smooched Metal Technique)

Hi there,

I received my new Technique Junkie Newsletter and wanted to create something using a technique in it.  I chose the “Smooched Metal” technique.  I have had a couple colors of Smooch for quite some time.  I actually picked them up from my buddy’s awesome scrapbook store, Southern Scrapbooks in Fort Mill, SC. Now was the time to pull them out and use them.

I started this tag with embossing it with a folder.  Airbrushed the embossed tag with copic Y23. Next, I added some bordered punched daisy d’s paper from my scrap stash.  I then painted my CTMH frame and AMM “inspire” plate with my molasses smooch. After heating them, I applied them with my photo attached. I added some prima flowers to bring out the color in the paper that I chose. My last additions were adding some trim to the bottom of my tag and an eyelet to the top.  Loved working with the Smooch!

Thanks for stopping by, Karen

Inspire Tag III

1 comment:

Michele said...

beautifully done with lots of style! so glad you posted your blog link to the TJ list -- now i know about scraps of color. cool! xo michele