Friday, March 5, 2010

Sunflowers and Dragonflies Challenge 32- Easter Theme

Hi there,

This week at Sunflowers and Dragonflies, we challenge you to create an Easter project. Beth recently sent these precious stamps from Justrite stamps. The design team had a ball creating with them. Please see their beautiful work here.

I created this little Easter box in a bag using the new Hope And Joy Justrite stamp below:


I started by creating a box in a bag with some really old K and Co that I had in a sacred drawer...LOL. I think that it's been 5 or 6 years since I played with this collection. I am so glad that I found it because it was so perfect for this stamp and this theme. After creating the bag, I created the tag/atc with some coordinating Bazzill cardstock. I used my nestabilities to cut out the cute chick and the scalloped layer. The chick stamp by Justrite was colored with copics: E50, E42, RV95, RV93, Y00, Y000, YR23, YR21, YG95, YG63, BG72, B52. I then added an eyelet to the ATC to create the tag for the bag. I also added a mini ball and chain to attach the tag to the bag. The last addition to the bag was to add some gems to the handle and some coordinating grass to the bag. I loved this little project. It looks like Camille and Kimberly's daycare class will get these little bags filled with goodies for Easter.

Don't forget that you have an opportunity to play along with us. There is a prize opportunity each week. We look forward to seeing your creations. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for stopping by, Karen

6 comments:

Rose said...

This is a fabulous project Karen! I love the sweet colors you used and the flowers. Just gorgeous!!

runningonink said...

This is just gorgeous Karen! Love it!
Perfect spring colors!

Jerusha said...

What a great basket! Super cute!! This is really cute! I love it! I am just sorry I wasn't able to participate in this challenge since I haven't received my stamps yet.

Beth said...

Oh Karen what a darling little Easter basket so pretty and love how you used the stamp as a tag that what I call thinking outside the box.

Beth Norman said...

Your project rocks. I really like your idea of decorating a basket.

Jennifer E. said...

Fab idea Karen! I love the basket you've create & kudos for thinking outside the box for this challenge!