Thursday, February 4, 2010

Congratulations Card

Happy Thursday,

I have a little gem to share with you today. One of my really good friends from work accepted a great job. I made this card for her for all at work to sign. It is a multi-panel card with many layers. You know that I love layers-LOL. The card was super heavy and super spacious, but so appropriate for such a wonderful occasion and for such wonderful person.

The base of the card is a 5 X 17 panel trimmed down to a 5 X 15, which gave me 5 X 5 panels to work with. I chose to use "Blue Awning" by K and Co . because of the vintage richness of the design and its versatility. I was able to coordinate the papers with some Bazzill cardstock. For the life of me, I could not quickly put my hands on a "Congratulations" stamp, my "Congratulations" was generated with my PC and then layered before applying to the inside. This particular card gave us 6 signing panels that were completely used before presenting to her. Thanks stopping by, K

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I found your blog via Scraps of Color. I absolutely love it. I will definitely check in often to see what else you've created.

http://doodlebugfairy.blogspot.com

Karen D. Jiles said...

Thanks Jacquelyn!!! It was awesome of you to stop by. Please visit again soon...*:)

Hugs,Karen

Stempelientje said...

I really love this card!!