Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunflowers & Dragonflies Challenge 23 (Faux Stitching)

Hi there,

One of the most awesome things about our craft is that we get an opportunity to challenge each other daily, weekly, and monthly. Sunflowers and Dragonflies challenges you this week in creating a card using the Faux Stitch technique. The deadline for the challenge is Friday, January 15th. You have an opportunity to win 2 beautiful stamps from the Beautiful Life series.

Faux Stitching adds so much character to cards and lends itself to so many opportunities. I absolutely loved working with this technique this week. My card is shown below.

I chose to use Amber for this technique. The card is an A2 size with layers of Basic Grey papers. I faux stitched around Amber and the layer underneath her. Amber was airbrushed with copic markers for a soft look. I added ribbon and metals to complete the card. Please visit our blog to join in the challenge and to see all of the beautiful work of the design team using the faux stitch technique. Enjoy, Karen

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

This is an awesome card. I like the angled layers and the fancy corner pieces.

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the soft colors!