Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ATC Wall Art

OK- So, I have been playing for the past 2 days on a little something special for my Palace. We need to do that occasionally...8:) If you are like me you are usually making something for someone else, hardly for self. This time I decided to make something solely for me. I am sharing with you, my little vintage ATC collection that I have just finished and framed. I usually make ATC's for swaps, but hardly ever create a treasure using them. This ATC Wall Art piece was the inspiration for a class that I will be teaching to my wonderful stampin club buddies in Charlotte. For their class we are going to put a twist on the final piece. Everyone will create ATCs in class to be swapped to create a frameable piece. Everyone will have work of their own and work of their stampin buddy too...8:)


For this project, I used K & Co. Life's Journey embossed papers and clips. I pulled several embellishments from my stash. Love that!!! I am a true hoarder of embellies and I am going to do better in 2010. I also used some formica-I hoard this like crazy!!!!. I am doing better. I also used some, metals, ribbon, airbrushed flowers, embossed vellum, vintage findings from Making Memories and some vintage optical lens. It feels amazing to use this product. In one project, I have used items that I have been holding on to for over 5 years. I really enjoyed creating this. I hope that you enjoy viewing..:)

5 comments:

Brown Sugar Babies said...

So cute!!!

Beth Norman said...

OMG, can I come take your class? Awesome art GF!

Karen D. Jiles said...

:) LOL!!! Anytime Beth...come on over. Hugs, K

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wow! This is so great. I love it!! Wish I was close so I could take the class. Maybe you can do an online class afterwards - I bet lots of us would be glad to pay! Gilda M

KAT said...

What a spectacular piece - there is a lot of detail packed into small works of art!