Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Stampin Palace (Part1)

I think that its time that I share My Stampin Palace with you. I have been working on a non traditional scrapbook about my room for a couple of months. If you are like me you have changed the design of your room so many times. Maybe not meaning to, but had to because of that new something special you bought. Well, now I am documenting it all, so that I always have an account for what worked well, when and why. My journaling begins with my desk...






My Desk: I love this desk. This is where I create masterpieces…8:) This is where I lay out my embellishments, my cardstock, my coordinating chipboard, my inks, and my tools. This is where I lay out my soul….I remember when my hubby, Chris, purchased this desk for me in 2001… Prior to the purchase, I just started stamping on our kitchen table-too funny as I think back to those days. My supplies that I purchased from Stampin’Up! fit neatly in my little hand tote. I was so proud of the cards that I made on my kitchen table using the supplies in my little tote. Oh’ the days. Then Chris would find my supplies in the upstair den and the kitchen. It was obvious that I was stamping all over the house. In an effort to keep things neater, I decided to purchase an XXL tote by Crop n’ Style. The thought was that the tote would hold all of my supplies forever. That thought didn’t last long. A couple of months later Chris told me that I had to have my own dedicated room for my stampin and that I could have the smaller upstair spare room. I thought, “Surely, I don’t need all that space. I just have a little wheeled tote of supplies.” It‘s 2009 and I am unveiling my little spare room and my little wheeled tote-My Stampin Palace: A place to Relax, Release & Reveal. Enjoy the Journey. I sure have.



My Desk: I love my desk again. It’s complete with my ATG Gun, favorite stamps, copic markers, business cards, stampin wheels, ink refills, ink cartridges, pink duster, flowers and Close To My Heart ink pads. My wheel organizers on my desk are so wonderful. They were purchased from Stampin Things several years ago. They are made of quality wood and so perfect for storing wheels, inks, and cartridges. My copic markers are stored in a copic block stand with a 2 sided view. Above my desk to the right and left are my embellishment drawers. Chris found these wall units in Lowes in 2001 and attached them to the wall for me. The units were designed to hold nuts and bolts…Ha! They hold nuts and bolts for my craft now. They have definitely been sweet additions to my room. My desk top is protected with an acrylic top found at Lowes. I have had the same acrylic top since 2001. The last item on the desk that I would like to mention is the pink duster brush. I absolutely love it!! It is perfect for a quick clean/dusting of the desk after playing on it all day. It is actually a cosmetic brush that I turned into a duster. It has a crystal base that can accommodate small embellishments for future use. So Sweeeeeeeeeet….



To the left of my desk, I have storage for my inks-my SU ink organizers are in the closet, storage for my dies, and storage for my “favorites”-located in the basket. You would be amazed how quickly a favorite’s basket would save you. I store my ATG gun in it, my packing tape, my adhesives, my clear bags, my clear boxes, my color wheel, stamp cleaner, cutterbee tools, Stampin Diva CD scrapbook, and sanding bar. I need quick access to all of these goodies. Under the basket is a 5 drawer box of favorite stamps, tear drop inks, and favorite embellishments. I always keep a lot of my Art displayed around the room for inspiration. Years later I can look at a piece and say, “I think I want to use those same colors today to create another masterpiece.” *:)


Moving on to the right of my desk: Notice the TV-When we put this particular TV in several years ago, TV/VCR combos were still popular and very affordable. My TV comes in very handy when I want to watch or listen to my favorite show while I am in my stamp palace. I added a DVD player a couple of years after the TV, and then asked Chris to find a nifty doodad to hold the TV and DVD that didn’t require a lot of space. I needed to save as much space as possible. As you can see, Chris found the perfect wall mount with a shelf to hold the DVD. My Art fits nicely on it and under it. Under the TV, I also have a set of chest of drawers and a white utility cabinet purchased from Lowes. They hold several craft goodies and continue to be awesome storage. Moving further to the right, I have more Art, more storage-Store N’ Style furniture, and a basket of tools that sits on my cable box disguising it.

Look forward to more pics and journaling of my Stampin Palace...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW! That's all I can say! I want to come and play in your room!!

Beth Norman said...

Great post. I spent a considerable amount of time on it, reading everything and clicking on the image to see your space in larger detail. You manage to keep it looking so neat. Hope I can do the same in my new spot.