Monday, August 3, 2009
By the Sea Challenge (Sunflowers and Dragnonflies)
Hi there, Today I created a card for the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Challenge. The theme was "By the Sea." I didn't have their particular fish to use, but I really wanted to play along, so I created a card using a fish stamp that I had. I stamped the fish with black momento ink and airbrushed copic markers Putty, Yellow Green, and Pale Grayish Blue on to the stamped fish. I then used the direct to paper technique over the entire image with Versamark. I dipped the image into some ultra thick clear embossing powder and then heated the image. This created some texture and a bubble effect. I then chose some scrapbook paper by K & Co. to compliment the airbrushed, and embossed fish. Antiqued the paper with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I had some crab net from prior projects and pulled it on out along with some sea chipboard pieces. I also had some Martha Stewart ribbon that coordinated well, so I decided to use it. The last additions to this card were my metal starfish and crab. I really enjoyed this challenge. I was able to use a fish stamp that I had not touched in a couple of years. It feels good to use some product and share an idea at the same time. Enjoy!