Saturday, May 30, 2009

2 Precious Peas Chipboard Book




Hi there,



It's been awhile...I just finished a 15 page chipboard book for my twins called "2 Precious Peas." As most that know me well, know that I take photo after photo of my girls. Each moment is so precious and I want to preserve as much as I can so that one day I will show and tell...I decided to keep the inside of the book simple with the focus on photos with 2 pages of journaling, and a heavily embellished cover for texture.




I made this book using a chipboard stack from Die Cuts With a View (DCWV). I rounded the edges with my new Chomper. I absolutely love this new tool. It is perfect for working with chipboard. I also used chipboard pieces from DCWV. The flowers were from Prima and the glitz from K & Co. I added some ribbon, eyelets, and a button from my collection. I bound the book using a loose binding ring. I could not leave it naked, so I covered it with with tied coordinating ribbons. I enjoyed every minute I spent on this book. Enjoy your view...*:)


3 comments:

Christy Logsdon said...

Very cute, WHERE did you get the Chomper?! I saw a ad for it in a mag, but I can not locate one... and of course I really NEED it!

Brenda said...

Karen, this is beautiful! I love your work so much! I have been waiting to get the chomper and now that I see your work with it, I'll have to get it.
I LOVE the pictures you sent of the girls! They are sitting on my desk, and I look at them often!

Karen D. Jiles said...

Thanks Brenda & Christy! You both will enjoy the chomper so much. I found this wonderful tool at scrapbooks.com. They now have a case for it as well. Have fun!!Please share what you create with it...*:)