Monday, February 16, 2009

Emporium Art Piece

This weekend I had an opportunity to play with some new papers by Close To My Heart. Don't you just love their papers . Each catalog is full of the most awesome papers for scrapbooking, card making, and stamping. The emporium papers are elegant, yet not over done-just perfect for any collection. I pieced patterns from the collection together to complete the final design. I also chose to use the Stamp of the month for March called "Butterfly Wings." All products used for this piece are by Close To My Heart. Rarely do I use all products by one vendor-even the cherish charm, but I didn't have to go looking for other products for this project.



Friday, February 13, 2009

Memories Art Piece



Today, I had a little time to play with the new Sabrina Memories paper from Michael's. Initially, I thought the paper was so-so and I picked up a little bit of it. Now that I have it and have played with it, I really like it. The paper pad has some very elegant prints and some casual prints that you could play up or down. Typically, when I purchase a paper pad I look for versatility just in case I am making various projects of various themes. That way I would not have to pull out so many other embellishments and coordinating cardstock. To create this piece of art, I created my layout using the Sabrina papers, black cardstock that I cuttlebugged, Memories gems, some rub-ons, and ribbon. The papers are aged with old paper distress ink. Note that the focal piece is made like a mini card. The purpose of this is to be able to place a photo inside the card. The card closes with the use of hidden adhesive magnets by basic grey. I really liked the final product.



Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Today, I want to share some ATC's that I completed for the lovely ladies in my Sunday Stamp group in Charlotte. I used that beautiful Chloe's Closet Paper by Memories, my cuttlebug, my penny black dandelion stamp, and SU's script to make these. I aged the ATC's with some old paper distress inks. Then added some ribbon to accent.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day Card


This card accompanied the Chloe's closet art piece that I shared a few minutes ago. The papers and butterflies are by K & Co. The focal stamp is by Hero Arts. I also used a scalloped edge punch to create the scallops above the ribbon. I used some SU ink to coordinate with the papers. I love this card and hope that my friend will too.




This card is a slighly different version, but same theme, paper and embellishments. This went into my collection.


Chloe's Closet Mini Art Piece






Today, I want to share a piece of art that I created for a Valentine's package for a friend. I found the papers that I used in Michael's. They are by Memories and the line is called Chloe's Closet-so beautiful. I absolutely love this line. I had to have every coordinating piece in the line to play with. I was able to coordinate some solid colors of cardstock from CTMH. I pulled some coordinating ribbon from my ribbon collection. The floral stamp is by Penny Black. The complete art piece measures about 5 X 5 and it is perfect sitting on a mini easel.






A slightly different version. The same papers and embellishments along with some dew drops were used. This made a spot in my stamp room...8:)










Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Card


Today, I created a birthday card using my Cuttlebug and some new Anna Griffin Paper. Anna Griffin is known for creating elegant papers. She sure did not disappoint with the new paper that she recently released.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ATC


I wanted to share a swap that I completed using a button. That was actually the challenge-"Button Swap." The goal was to create an ATC with a button as the added embellishment. This served 3 purposes; I was able to quickly create the swap, create another ATC for my collection and use some of my button stash...8:) I created the background using a brayer and spectrum pad that I created with some of my favorite inks. I then stamped my fish in black. I inked the edges of the top layer and adhered to the coordinated base layer. I then added that delightful button in an unlikely place. I added a gem to give the button more of an eye appearance.