Thursday, September 11, 2008

Watercolor Technique



I just started playing with this fun technique.I have had small selection of adirondack pads and watercolor paper for some time. I just decided to dust them off and use them. My goal was to use this technique with a couple different tools to make this experience a little more exciting. So, the first piece of art is the technique itself layered onto a card. One of the greatest things about the old style adirondack pads is that you can take the lid off and directly apply your inks to your stamp (Penny Black)-one at a time, which was the 1st step to the technique. I used 3 adirondack colors. Then I used a craft misting bottle to mist water onto the inked stamp. The next step was to stamp onto watercolor paper. I loved the result. I continued to stamp additional watercolor paper to create Second Generation stamping.


The following card is a similar card made with one of the second generation stamped pieces and the Scor-Pal. My goal was to create an embossed frame around the image.
























The next card was created with the same stamp


and technique. I also used my leaf cuttlebug


embossing folder to add texture.

No comments: