Sunday, March 30, 2008

Calendar Rolodex Cards

Hi there, I am finally back in my Palace...8:) Today, I needed this creative therapy. I created some Calendar Rolodex cards using an old stamp that I have had for awhile, but had not had the chance to use. It is a stamp by Anna Griffin. I decided to use it in 2 ways. I colored the focal image on 1 Rolodex card with copic markers: R46, Y35, BV29, B91, E08, YG97. I then created as frame around the focal image using some Daisy D's paper. The back of the card shows a full backing of this beautiful paper, but I only wanted a frame look on the front. I then used my Scor-Pal to create the simulated chicken wire pattern that you see on both cards. I dusted the card with some ink using my dusters. I added some ornate corners and vintage round brass numbers to the card to give this card a more antique look. The last touch to this card was to mat the card on to some metallic cardstock.


The next Calendar Rolodex Card with the same image was created by stamping the image directly on to a Rolodex card in black. I then brayered on color using an Autumn spectrum pad and my brayer. I created the background pattern using my Scor-Pal, added some ribbon and a coordinating flower with gem...Loved the end result.




No comments: