Sunday, February 10, 2008

Technique Rolodex-Inserts




I was asked to share more of the individual inserts of the Technique Rolodex. The following were created with a specific technique in mind and filed accordingly in my rolodex. I used a lot of scraps to create the inserts of the Rolodex. This project is perfect for recycling scraps. The rolodex was purchased from Pottery Barn with all insert and tabs included.

Airbrushed Techniue-I cuttlebugged my Rolodex insert with an embossing folder to add texture. Applied Colorbox chalks to the insert to add color to the texture. I created an ATC using the Airbrush Techniue by stamping my image onto cardstock using Black Stazon Ink. I added various colors of Copic Markers using my Air Brushed system. I layered my ATC on to a base and added some embellishments. Then applied the embellished card to my embossed rolodex insert.





Cuttlebug Technique- I added this section to my Technique Rolodex so that I could always have a sample of which embossing folders I had in my collection. I cuttlebugged the rolodex insert and added Colorbox chalks to add texture. I added a stamped, layered and colored focal image. I added embellishments to the insert to give more character.












Cuttlebug Technique w/ Stickles- This is the very same technique as above with stickles added to give some glitz. I love stickles...8:) I used the Bugs set from CTMH.





















Cuttlebug & Embossed Technique-I cuttlebugged the insert with the Snowflake Embossing Folder and added pigment ink. Since pigment ink takes longer to dry, I added some Clear Embossing Powder to my cuttlebug insert and heat setted it to ensure fixed drying. I added an embossed, layered and Copic colored focal point image. Embellishments were added to complete the insert.












Formica Stamping Technique-For this technique below, I used formica tiles from Lowes. I stamped them with Black Stazon ink and added them to my embellished Rolodex inserts.






























Wet Embossed Technique- I used an embossed piece of scrap from a project 2 years ago..8:) The focal framed piece is from a project about 3 years ago. With the wet embossed technique, I also used direct to paper. I directly applied celery ink to the rolodex insert. I stamped images on to the insert. I added my embossed scrap piece. Then I added some ribbon for a Shabby Chic look. I then added the framed focal piece with some 3-d tape. I tore the edge of my insert and added some brown ink to accent the frame. My last additions were my Play embellishment and R clip.











3-Dimensional-I added this section to serve as a reminder to what 3-D can add to my artwork. 3-D pieces can add texture and in this insert-some lovely glitz. After adding the 3-D Pieces to my cuttlebugged insert, I continued to embellish with velvet ribbon and my laughter addition.















Microscope Slide Technique-I made this slide several years ago using black and yellow stazon inks. I stamped the microscope slide with black stazon ink and colored the complete slide with yellow stazon ink. I then sandwiched a piece of vanilla cardstock between the colored microscope slide and a clear slide. I sealed both slides together with black thick large UT granuals that were melted in a melting pot. This is a very cool technique.


















No comments: